By Debbie Hardy
Centuries after Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de Leon pursued a quest to discover life-giving water, the Fountain of Youth can now be found in Hartland, Mich. The complete name is Fountain of Youth Skin Renewal Centre…and estheticians can produce the results Ponce de Leon was looking for.
The center’s founder, Susan Alderson, established this youth-giving business in 2005, after other careers in the health field. As a registered nurse, she spent time in the Intensive Care Unit at the former St. Joseph Hospital in Flint. During that tenure, she tended a variety of patients, from an overdose victim to an open-heart surgery patient, to a person injured in a car accident. After 15 years, she decided it was time for a change.
Sue’s next job was for a home-care agency, where she cared for mostly elder, homebound patients. During this time, after being certified in Wound and Skin Care, she became interested in skincare and decided to pursue the aesthetic (beauty) field.
The next step for Sue in learning different skin treatments was certification in Cosmetic Injectables, which Sue achieved through the Esthetic Skin Institute in Ft. Lauderdale Fla. She worked in several locations before she decided to open the Fountain of Youth Skin Renewal Centre in Hartland.
When this center opened, the only product used for skin injections was Botox. That’s the common name for onabotulinumtoxinA, a prescription medicine injected into muscles to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe forehead lines, crow’s feet, and frown lines in adults.
Susan and her team now specialize in face and body refinement and injectables. They offer three different neurotoxins and numerous fillers. Even the injection techniques have improved over the years, and all the nurses at Fountain of Youth Skin Renewal Centre are regularly trained on the latest products and injection techniques.
Laser treatments and facial peels have been offered since the center opened, and Sue employs specially trained estheticians to perform these treatments.
Other Skin Treatments Include:
Coolsculpt and Vanquish, nonsurgical treatments to permanently destroy fat cells and sculpt the body.
- Laser Hair Removal, safe for all skin types, as small as an upper lip to as large as a mans back.
- Exilis, radiofrequency skin tightening for face and body as well as Laser skin tightening.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) for treatment of brown age spots and rosacea.
- Tattoo Removal by Enlighten that removes all colors in an average of 6-8 treatments.
- Exfoliating facial treatments such as Microdermabrasion and Peels customized to the skin type.
- Microneedling/Skin pen, smoothes coarsely textured skin, including acne scarring. Softens fine lines and wrinkles and other types of scars.
- Thread lift is a minimally invasive treatment to lift sagging skin on the face.
- Five lines of medical-grade skincare to treat most skin conditions as well as anti-aging.
There are products and services for everyone—man or woman—fitting every budget. Consultations are complimentary, financing is available, and walk-ins are welcome as time allows.
WrinklesOn any given day, you can walk into the Fountain of Youth Skin Renewal Centre and feel the energy. Phones are ringing for appointments and there are always happy customers around.
Sue says, “At the Fountain of Youth Skin Renewal Centre, you can expect the most competitive pricing possible while receiving professional treatments in a friendly, relaxed spa-like setting.”
She also shares that “you won’t be disappointed.” It’s a great way to look younger.